Amateurs VS Skilled Electric Company in Toronto ??“ Which is Better?
Hiring an electric company in Toronto is a decision that can impact both your family and home. Educate yourself to avoid hiring amateurs or crooks. For example, a reputable electric company in Toronto will always do its utmost best to ensure compliance with wiring and electrical regulations. When you are in need of a Toronto electric company, it is vital to hire a professional to get the job done efficiently and safely. A skilled electrician will make sure that the most effective solutions are offered for your project in order to achieve the desired outcome.
Blunders that can endanger your life and home
In an attempt to save money, many homeowners erroneously entrust their electrical installations to amateurs who lack the qualifications to provide the necessary electrical service. Wiring problems and blunders are too common and they are known to result in electrical fires. The most common blunders include:
- Wire connection outside the electrical box. Junction boxes are installed by electric companies in Toronto as protection for electrical connections so that they will not be damaged or tampered with. Junction boxes are usually installed in ceilings or floors and are concealed behind access panels.
- Wires should not be cut too short. Dangerous and faulty connections are usually made when wires are cut too short. Wires must be allowed to protrude by at least 3 inches from the box. Wires should only be cut after determining the length that you will need.
- Plastic sheathed cables must always be protected. According to the electrical code, cables between framing members must always be protected because they can be vulnerable when run under the wall or ceiling frame.
- Loose outlets are dangerous. Frequent movement of loose electrical outlets can loosen the wires that are connected to the outlet, resulting in a dangerous electrical arc or overheating, both of which can create a potential fire hazard.
- Three-slot receptacles must always have a ground wire. Two-slot outlets without ground wire are very common but you cannot just replace them with three-slot outlets so that you can plug your three-pronged appliances. A ground wire needs to be installed in this situation.
- Electrical boxes must not be overfilled. Electrical boxes are used as containers for electrical connections but they should not be overstuffed with a lot of wires to prevent overheating and short circuits. This is one of the many reasons why there is need for a professional electric company in Toronto which has the necessary experience to provide the best solutions for an electrical project.
- Never reverse hot and neutral wires. Connecting a hot wire to a neutral terminal of an outlet results in a potentially dangerous situation. Sometimes, the mistake may not even be realized until someone gets shocked because the devices that are plugged in continue to work. An experienced electrician will make sure that only white wires are connected to the neutral terminal of outlets and lighting fixtures to ensure that no one suffers from a lethal shock.