The Different Types of Ceiling Mounted Light Fixtures
Direct Ceiling Mounted Light Fixtures
You’ll find these to be the most prominent of all the fixture types for residential lighting applications. Known as the jack of all trades, they are a practical method to deliver adequate lighting for most any room. Depending on the lamp model, an electric company in Toronto can affix anywhere between 2-4 lamps for this fixture.
An electrical outlet box acts as the point of suspension for the multiple lamp fixtures that define chandeliers. It can be a bit of mystery to discern how they receive their power but it’s actually quite simple. Attached to the electrical outlet box is a bracket, upon which a chain is attached to. Electrical energy is then delivered to the lamp fixtures by an electrical cable that runs through the chain from the electrical outlet box. While simple in theory, do not take it upon yourself to conduct a DIY operation; chandelier installations should always be contracted out to qualified electric company in Toronto.
Suspension from an electrical outlet box is also intrinsic to the setup of this fixture. Where they differ from their chandelier counterparts is in a couple of ways:
1) Dimensionally smaller, taking 1 or 2 lamps.
2) Suspension from the electrical outlet box can be through a metal rod or electrical cord, in addition to a standard chain fitting.
Applications for this type of lighting tend to be more stylistic in nature, predominately being used for accent lighting in a number of suites throughout a home.
Quality Lighting? Seek Quality Electricians
One of the final stages involved in setting up a new electrical system is for an electrician to install the lighting fixtures throughout a home. Naturally, knowing how to distinguish between competent electricians and incompetent ones becomes paramount in preparation for this final installation. Here are some of the precautions a reliable electric company in Toronto should take before installing light fixtures:
• Confidence in storing and handling the light fixtures with care. Fixtures like these are delicate in nature and susceptible to being damaged if handled improperly.
• More often than should be the case, electricians get shocked unnecessarily as they rest on their laurels by assuming the circuit power has been disconnected.
• Well-versed electricians will go the extra mile in evaluating, with a voltage tester, if the circuit has been cordoned off before commencing work.
• A precaution that really separates the wheat from the chaff is to source an electric company in Toronto, ON capable of distinguishing between grounded and ungrounded wires that are not colour coded.
• In these cases, touch can be used to differentiate the two; wire with a ribbed surface corresponds to being the grounded conductor, and wire with a smooth surface being the ungrounded conductor.
It’s best leaving it to an electric company in Toronto to determine the fixtures that will work best for lighting the rooms throughout your abode. On top of this, companies like Astron Electric are also better suited to converse with the building team on the lighting choices worth considering. Get in touch with a member of our team and leave your lighting to the best electricians in the GTA!