The Most Common Electrical Problems Evident in Commercial Properties
As stated in previous blog posts, the scope of electrical work required is typically dependent on building designation. Residential homes will have different wiring systems than commercial buildings – thus requiring a different electrical understanding and skillset. Often, electricians will specialize in one or the other. Opting for a licensed commercial electrician in Toronto will ensure that your building’s electrical issues are dealt with safely and effectively.
The first step in dealing with the electrical issues of your commercial property is to relay them to your commercial electrician in Toronto, so that they can come up with a preliminary idea as to what the electrical issue may be.
Today we’ll focus on the most common electrical problems evident in commercial properties:
Non-Functioning Light Bulbs
· Your commercial property will definitely need functional light-bulbs to effectively proceed with daily operations
· Flickering light bulbs may indicate that your bulbs are on their last legs
· Commercial electricians are capable of changing your burnt-out light bulbs while also figuring out if there are additional underlying issues effecting their functionality i.e. poor circuit connection, improperly installed wiring etc.
Energy Consumption Overload
· If you find that your building’s electrical system is continuously faltering, it’s time to call in a professional
· Employees depend on your building’s electrical systems to run effectively, especially if they work in a traditional office setting and rely heavily on the use of computers or other electrical devices
· If your energy requirements are too expansive for your building’s electrical system – you’ll most likely need an upgrade
Outlets for Efficiency
· Non-functioning outlets are not ideal as they can potentially lower office productivity – especially in traditional office settings that rely on computers, printers, etc.
· Non-functioning outlets may also be indicative of larger electrical issues, or that there is poor circuit connectivity due to excess use
· A lack of outlets is also not ideal for office spaces – your commercial electrician in Toronto will likely have to upgrade your electrical system in order to introduce new outlets to your building
Shoddy Installation and Poor Wiring
· It is so important to use a licensed commercial electrician when contracting out your electrical work
· Commercial electricians are more than capable of ensuring that facets to your electrical system are installed properly to avoid issues down the road
· Shoddy installation can mean more than non-functional lighting – the dangers of shoddy installation can lead to an electrical fire or someone getting seriously injured
Astron Electric Ltd. is your Go-To Commercial Electrician in Toronto
Astron Electric has serviced commercial properties in Toronto and across the GTA for over 30 years. Fully licensed and bonded as a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Toronto Construction Association, Astron Electric has completed numerous electrical services, taking pride in ensuring quality and customer satisfaction every time.
Give Astron Electric a call for all your commercial building’s electrical work! We’d be happy to help.